Our Home

Our Recovery Home for Women

The Narrow Road Home, from its inception, has been designed to be a safe haven for healing and a landing place of Healing, Hope and Recovery.

The home offers transitional living programs for people struggling with all issues in life not just addiction. It is a landing place to be vulnerable, without judgment, a place to take the time to transition back into the fast pace of life.

Post-treatment, the home is a transitional living time of transition, or simply a place to come that offers serenity and opportunity for in-depth reflection, one that fosters healing.

This key ingredient is often missing and must replace the sorrow and feelings of helplessness that permeates many hurting families. We desire for light to radiate and replace where darkness has taken over in fractured lives.

The highly structured and supportive environment of the Narrow Road Home recovery house has been thoughtfully and strategically planned.

History

Local builder Billy Wakeford constructed this two-and-one-half storey brick home in 1909. John Noble and his family resided here until about 1927 when they had another home built farther west on Macleod Trail. The house was then converted for use as a nurses’ residence.The Noble house is the only example of a brick Queen Anne style residence in High River. Like many Queen Anne houses across western Canada, the Noble residence is less ornate in architectural detailing and simpler in plan than its counterparts in eastern Canada.

The house, nevertheless, has many of the characteristic design features of the style, including a massive offset tower with bell-cast roof and a large open front veranda. Decorative brickwork around the tower, leaded glass in the front window transoms, and in the Palladian-style window in the front gabled dormer, add variety and serve to relieve the somewhat massive and austere appearance of the structure.Altogether, the Noble House remains one of the finest middle-class residences built High River before World War 1 (source: Museum of the Highwood).